Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Stand Pete


The headline says it all. General Manager Peter Chiarelli stood still and did not make a panic move that would have sacrificed the depth of this organization. If you really think about it, the Bruins come out as huge winners in all of this. No one near the Bruins in the playoff hunt improved significantly in any way shape or form. In fact, the Bruins could grab a five spot just from not making a move! If the Bruins can maintain a strong defensive play and score when opportunities arise this team could do damage. Chiarelli did not sacrifice any of the future and this team could still potentially open some eyes in a very weak Eastern Conference.

We may see a lot of jump in the Black and Gold tonight as many guys will be relieved that they do not have to move. Confidence from upper management in not disrupting the team's chemistry should be a huge morale boost for this club.

I may be doing a live blog, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy we "stood pete". I am very anxious to see how our young guys develop, with the B on their chest. I was disgusted with the B's last year and this year there is just so much new energy and a lot excitement. Let's ride this out see if some homegrown boys from Providence can make an impact!

Mat A. said...

I am 100% with you there. I am pleased that we are keeping the squad together, and I am looking forward to the next few years to see what type of team develops. Buffalo from last year and two years ago were a team that played together for a while before they were good, and then they became amazing. I think similar things can happen in Boston; we just have to keep our roster happy.