Monday, February 25, 2008

Another Former Sen Rumored

Boston Herald

The Herald is reporting that the Bruins have some interest in former Ottawa Senator and current Chicago Blackhawk, Martin Havlat. Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said that some of the big names will stay in town by tomorrow's trade deadline (Tuesday, 3 P.M.) but, Hossa will not be one of them. Unfortunately for hopeful Boston fans, Hossa may not be wearing Black and Gold Tuesday night because of the awfully high asking price. Although it is not out of the question, Hossa looks to be headed elsewhere as they were seeking out Phil Kessel whom Chiarelli wants to retain.

McKeon's Hossa Take: I would love to see him here but, if the asking price hurts the farm system then it's useless. I truly believe in Chiarelli at this point. He is trying to rebuild this franchise after being handed nearly nothing. Remember how good the prospects and the farm system were before Chiarelli? How good is Providence now? The future is bright, I rest my case.

Havlat Take: Havlat as a Plan B doesn't seem like a terrible option. I have a feeling he would work well with Marc Savard on the first line as he has a terrific scoring talent. My approval (like I have any pull with the Bruins front office) would depend upon the asking price. According to Sportsnet.ca he can play either wing...hmm...versatile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see him on the left of Savard and keep Muzz on the right. But I wonder the asking price, since Chicago is sort of rebuilding too. Stuart, Schaff and a pick? Throw in Hnidy? It's one of those players that a different jersey can do wonders.

Anonymous said...

Yeah....but huge injury problems along with a 6 million cap hit ???

Anonymous said...

FORSBERG SIGNS WITH AVS !!