Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Penguins Preview


Tonight, the Bruins look to bounce back from an embarrassing 3-2 loss against Carolina. This is a terrific opportunity to take advantage of a Crosby-less Penguins team. The Penguins are in second place in the Eastern conference with 69 points while the visiting Bruins sit on the outside looking in with the ninth spot, having 61 points. This is a tight race as the Bruins are 6 points away from fourth place. If the Bruins can go on a roll they could easily place themselves up there.

The Bruins need to look themselves in the mirror and figure out that only 110% from everyone is going to get them into a playoff spot. If they are caught watching the play instead of playing smart hockey (like last night) then the same result will take place. As Federko mentioned in his comment under the previous post, "I hope Savard doesn't ask for a trade." Savard has to be frustrated. Chiarelli needs to understand that Savard is the base of this offense. Without Savard, the Bruins could have 10 goals this year (I know, it's a stretch).

McKeon's three keys to tonight's game:
1. Score early. The Bruins need momentum like Roger Clemens needs the truth right now. The Bruins need to get on the board early and keep the pressure in the offensive zone.

2. Hit 'em hard, hit 'em early. The Bruins need to take a piece out of Lucic's book and hit the snot out of Pitt. They need to knock the Penguins off their game and take control of the play.

3. As I mentioned before, the Bruins can not be caught puck watching. They started doing it last night after the air was let out of the balloon on the infamous kicking goal. Keep the legs moving, no reaching, and don't watch the play because thats what the fans are for.

The line-up for tonight is yet to be made available. If I am around the computer prior to game time I will post them. Other than that I'll be back after the game for analysis...hopefully on a victory. I'm not making a prediction because I have terrible gambling luck plus, last night I was off, and my goaltender's superstition will keep me from repeating something after a loss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoying the blog, keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I say B's 4-3 !!!