Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hossa Horse Race Leader...Boston?

(Hockey Buzz)However, according to a source, the new favorite may indeed be Boston (regarding Hossa)....and another source is telling me that Montreal has come in FAR too low.

(The Fourth Period) Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli is searching for some extra scoring and is believed to be pursuing Atlanta Thrashers sniper Marian Hossa. Hossa is set to become a UFA this summer and a number of teams, including the Montreal Canadiens and Bruins, are very interested in acquiring him before next Tuesday. The Thrashers and Bruins have been talking and its believe Atlanta would want young forward Phil Kessel as part of a package for Hossa.

(Hockey Leaks)
Hossa is likely to be traded in a "hockey deal". Names rumoured back to Atlanta include Marleau (san jose), Murray and Kessel (Boston) and Higgins (Montreal).

If all this is true, I'd go wild. That is all.

5 comments:

Latrappe said...

No. I don't think the Bruins would lead a race with a package including Murray. Waddel will ask for a premium offer if he have to trade Hossa and, in that regard, the return of the Forsberg trade can used as a comparaison. I'm not sure that a team will overpay as Nashville did but Waddel will ask for, at least, 2 very good prospects to start the discussion. I still think that the Bruins should sit tight on the roster, keep the core and make their big moves, next year...

Anonymous said...

Word from La Presse in Montreal says they are ordering Hossa's equipment in Red, White and Blue - and that Hossa is being flipped for Mark Streit and Michael Ryder. This I find hard to believe, in that Atlanta should get (and can get) more for Hossa. Then again, look at the Joe Thornton trade and I don't know what to believe any more. Fast forward a few months and it would be nice and sweet to sign Hossa in the off season, give up nothing (right now rumoured to be Kessel and Stuart) - and then go into Montreal early next season and spank 'em! I don't mind where Hossa ends up by Tuesday - cuz I have a gut feeling he'll be wearing black and gold come July 1.

Anonymous said...

I think murray and kessel would be too much to give up if we couldn't sign Hossa to a deal.

Anonymous said...

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE FRONT! "Team990 (in Montreal, from PJ Stock)just reported Hossa for Kessel, Schaeffer, and a #1 and #2. Also there is a possible 5 year extenson for Hossa, I am told that these names are close but not exact. I do believe that Kessel is involved." Since I don't beleive Ek at all, I checked with 990 and yes it was said, because they are saying no to the Montreal deal I mentioned above. I also heard that Chia would only pull the trigger if Hossa signs a 5-year deal. So if Hossa signs for 5-years in Atlanta, that's the sign (I don't believe the B's can talk contract if they acquire him until July 1). We'll see if Kessel is benched.

Anonymous said...

Ok PJ made it up. But I have heard from enough places that Kessel is the piece they want from Boston (apart from Lucic, Marchand and Bergeron). We'll see.