Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Marian Hossa Finally Signs

Wow. Just wow. Marian Hossa and his agent Ritch Winter (great first name for a slimy sports agent) signed a 1 year deal with the Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings. Hossa wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to go to a contender. That team is ridiculous now. At least it is in the west and more importantly at least it's not Montreal! The great part about this is that 364 days from now, the Bruins can sign Hossa when Murray and Manny officially come off the books (among others).

The rich get richer and the great become greater. This team is going to go 82-0 like the Pats did (16-0, I know) and then lose the Cup to the underdog Bruins on an overtime goal in game 7 by Jeremy Reich (equivalent to David Tyree freak helmet catch). A guy can dream can't he?

Hossa to the Stanley Cup Champion Bruins in '09!

I love jokes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conspiracy theory in action...

"Ok Chia, I know you don't have the cap space this year so I'll sign with the Wings as they are my best bet for a cup, then next year you can sign me long term cuz you'll have all that Cap space available. I don't mind waiting in Detroit for a year so I can go to the team I REALLY want to play for. Keep the wing "warm" for me."

Anonymous said...

no i dont even want this ass clown in a bruins jersey...he came out and said he didnt want to play in boston despite all the ties he had here...let him rot away in edmonton next year after his stay in detroit...hopefully he tanks it or breaks a leg or something so his greed will be punished in the fact no1 will want him

Anonymous said...

ummm well this adds another awesome name to next years list of free agents.

Anonymous said...

another year of "Hossa to Boston" rumours, I don't know if I can handle it. You can't blame this on PC, he would have made it work for that money.

Anonymous said...

Next year, Murray and Manny shed a good 9MM. Add that te cap goes up another 5MM and we have 14MM. Axelsson and Timmy are up, so let's round it off to $16MM. I think Hossa wanted a long term and we could not fit him in (no use in dropping 5 players to get 1 even if it is Hossa). So we get Hossa next year for 5 years at 8 per. Then 2 for Lucic, 2 for Kessel etc. I think that in the end, Chia knew and Hossa wants to come to Boston - just not now.