Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ghost Ryder In The Hub

Funny story. I decided to worship my computer from 10:00 a.m. until 7:30ish p.m. Through that time, only the Wheeler signing occured for the Bruins. I decided to go out roller blading (way better than running especially for hockey players for obvious reasons), take a shower, and eat some dinner. I stroll back to my computer expecting more of the same...nothing. I was wrong because I discovered this...

The Boston Bruins have signed former Montreal Canadiens forward Michael Ryder to a 3 year deal worth $4 million per season. I know I wasn't the brain child of his possibilities but, at 7:20 before I headed out I stated this. See what I did there? I made sure everyone knew how great I was, just like Eklund. I guess it's because I was reading his complete nonsense all day long. Sorry about that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so whats everyone think. I like it myself. Still have money to get someone else if we get rid of some other salaries. I think Ryder will do good with Julien. He played for him before.

Anonymous said...

I like it. Why not? 2 30 goal seasons, a terrible year with MTL? He'll be out [hopefully] to prove something. A goal scorer to compliment Savvy and Bergie.

Anonymous said...

this is good for the bruins he will take muzz's place on the first line with savvy. he will score more then 25 goals, last year was a year he wants to forget about. he was playing for a team that did not want him there.just put your big body in the slot and savvy we set you up all night. just like we all remember big joe and muzz when he could play.

the cost was a little to much but all UFA's are over priced that's just the way it is.

Anonymous said...

Like I said, best deal for the Bs in this UFA frenzy.

Nice job Chia.

Mat A. said...

I am looking forward to see what he does with the B's for sure. I'm excited.

Anonymous said...

I'm just hoping that last year was a fluke. It would be perfect to get a 30 goal scorer on our team to go along w/ Bergie, Kobeshew, and hopefully Kessel can take the momentum from the playoffs and US team next year. I'm excited as well.

Anonymous said...

Great Bruins Fans! They can't stop laughing at Chia on other hockey boards. Well, he's no Jeff Finger!! Julien had him in Juniors, had him Hamilton and in Montreal - come to Boston, an English city with a lot of depth and Julien will use him. If he can pot 30 with Koivu, he can surely pot 40 with Savard. Imagine a young Murray, put the puck on his stick and he'll put it in. I think Muzz will be gone by December (probably to San Jose). Plus the numbers I was hearing for Hossa (12yr/100MM or even 7yr, 11.3 per?) How do you expect to sign Kessel, Lucic, Krecji & co after this season? Yeah Hossa is sexy, but sexy does not win cups. Depth wins cups and I'll be the first to say BRUINS IN CONFERENCE FINALS THIS YEAR!!!