Monday, July 7, 2008

Good News In Wilmington

Both Patrice Bergeron and Manny Fernandez will be skating this week at Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington, Ma. They will be on the ice from 10-11 am and will not be on the ice at the same time as the skaters in the developmental camp. For two "key" guys who missed significant time last season due to injury this is a very good sign they are giving 100 percent to get back to their peak level of play.

EDIT: Bergeron and Fernandez will be skating with the development squad starting Wednesday as the prospects will be doing medical and fitness testing Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I plan on heading in on Wednesday morn for an hour or so. I try yo get to at least one rookie camp practice and pre-season practice.

It will be fun to see the new guys competing out there, especially the likes of Colburn, Wheeler and Marquardt.

Anonymous said...

Camp update:

Got in around 9:30 to see the players going through drills and to my surprise, both Bergeron and Manny were participating and looked GREAT! What a difference between some of these young guys and Bergeron, who was consistently lighting the lamp on any goaltender he faced. He looked like he was skating with a vengeance.

Other notables: 2 other players that really stood out were Joe Colburn and Levi Nelson. Colburn is a monster that has unbelievable hands and shot, while I witnessed Nelson near the end drop 3 pucks inside the hash marks and proceed to make about 10 moves and completely fool the goalie in tight and put 2 of 3 away. Dennis Reul looked lost. Not sure if he was injured but I actually felt bad for him watching him try and skate backwards while Adam McQuaid was the most fluid of all D-men. Hammel and Marchand also helad their own in the offensice drills, while Wheeler and Marquardt did OK. I know it's day 1 but all in all is was great to see hockey again. I also got some pics so McKeon, if you are interested in posting I would be happy to forward along what I have. (If so,) Let me know where to send them.

McKeon said...

I have an e-mail address on the sidebar a little way down if you would like to send them there I'd be happy to post them