Monday, April 28, 2008

Temporary Declaration

Before the start of the second round a friend asked me who I was rooting for now that I no longer had a dog in the fight. I started thinking about teams in the East but, quickly decided that it would go against some moral code to pull for another team in the East considering that three teams would easily be considered rivals of the Bruins (Philly, NYR, and the [gulp] Habs). The other team has the biggest pink hat following because of Sidney Crosby. So, I turn toward the West and instantly remember how much I absolutely love Marty Turco.

So, here it is. My official declaration of fan-dom to the Dallas Stars for the remainder of their post-season. I know it sounds cheap that I am making this "bold" statement now that they are ahead of the Sharks 2-0, however, I have been pulling for them in West since the beginning of the playoffs (will provide references upon request). It was never made official electronically so, I figure since there hasn't been a new post in a few days that I owed it to all of you.

Here is my main reason for my quick trip on the Stars bandwagon:

I can produce valid evidence that I have a man crush on Marty Turco's goaltending style. I don't know what it is but, I often find myself wishing I could play like that. He has tremendous flexibility, ridiculous mobility, terrific positioning, and the outstanding knack for being able to play the puck. Now enough of me bragging in the third person, onto Marty Turco...kidding. I just love the way the Stars have been playing throughout the post-season.

It also doesn't hurt that class act, Mike Modano, is from Livonia, Michigan where the majority of my mother's side of the family resides. Great city by the way. If you ever get the chance to visit that area, do it.

So, there you have it, the Dallas Stars have my support for the 2008 Stanley Cup playoffs.

Go Stars (for the time being)!......and obviously Go B's!

5 comments:

jimbuff said...

Your thinking is different than mine - I can only cheer for one team and one team only - The Bruins!!!

I like and dislike some players on all teams but could never cheer for one over the other. I still watch the playoffs but could care less who wins. I just want to see good hockey!

I hope the rest of the playoffs are exciting and look forward to watching them but will not be cheering for anyone until my Bruins hit the ice next October!

Anonymous said...

So Hatcher gets 5mins and a game misconduct for hitting from behind... seems like the Flyers didn't get the league memo about cheap shots. Granted it's the Habs (and Boullion) so it couldn't have happened to a better guy but come on.. when is that crap going to stop??

I would like to see the Flyers beat the Habs but then get knocked flat on their ass by the Pens, who are looking pretty scary right now.

McKeon said...

can you imagine if the Bruins beat the Habs then had to face a very well rested Penguin team? That series would be an absolute embarrassment right now. Between Fleury and that offense....yikes

Jefe77 said...

Way to go jimbuff. Couldnt agree more.

I think the Bruins would have given the Pens a better run the Rangers. They always seem to get up for Pitt, and matched with them fairly well during the reg season. We didnt face Hossa besides one period of play, but I think we would have the physical edge. It would have been alot better of an effort than what the Rangers have (have not) showed so far.

McKeon said...

I think you guys took my post the wrong way. I am not abandoning the Bruins in any way. I still bleed black and gold. I have just picked a team that I think will go all the way. I've always loved Marty Turco so, my decision was simple. I also made my choice after the Bruins were eliminated.

I think you guys took this one a little too seriously. This is a blog, not the Wall Street Journal