Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bruins DEFEAT Canadiens


Yes, I said it, and no, it is not a typo. The Boston Bruins did indeed defeat the Montreal Canadiens in a fashion of 2-1 with the use of the first overtime. I, also, think I urinated all over the couch when that goal was scored in overtime. However, it's not my fault. Extenuating circumstances led to the couch cushion's displeasure but, it was so worth it.

I knew, and I poop you not, that the goal was good while the puck was on it's way over to Savard. How did I know you ask? I will tell you. When Dennis Wideman cradled the puck onto his backhand and cocked it slightly to send it over to Savard, Price dropped in the butterfly as if Wideman was going to shoot the puck. As the puck was moving through the slot I noticed that Savard was virtually uncontested. I literally, put my arms in the air and when i saw the puck go in I just yelled as loud as I could, thus, releasing plenty of urine to upset a couch cushion.

That being said, we found out tonight that Price isn't as good as advertised. He is untested and because of the Bruins lack of offense it makes him look better than he really is (not that he is bad). He is a big body who covers a lot of net in the butterfly. Also, his nerves showed on that final goal. Being a goalie myself, I can boldly tell you that in tense situations a goaltender will drop into the butterfly before the shot is taken. Watch the replay and you'll see how quick he goes down. In Price's defense, he did have two Bruins screening him and his own guy on his knees between him and Wideman but, he still dropped far too early giving Savard the open net. Excellent job by the Bruins to get quality traffic in front and excellent job by Wideman to find Savard on the far side with a backhand pass.

Tuesday is so big it's ridiculous. To have the ability to go back to Montreal tied at two games a piece is a must if an upset is to happen. Fans, let's get that Garden rockin' again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT game by the Bs. Shafer is finally earning his keep and if you ask me he should be on the top line with Lucic and Savard. Line two should be Krecji, Murray and Sturm.

I think they will come out strong once again on Tuesday and beat the Habs by a few as they really have the momentum now.

Anonymous said...

yeah i expect the fans to be even more insane tuesday night now that we have some momentum...i was there last night and let me tell you that place was hopping! also we waited til all the habs fans left so we could let them do the walk of shame properly