Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Playoff Hockey Begins Tonight...


...But not in Montreal...

-Marc Savard made it through the full-contact practice today and said that "he feels ready." Patrice Bergeron also made it through his second full-contact practice without a hitch, thus far. Glen Metropolit practiced today and said he will play through his very minor injury. Andrew Ference looks as if he will be playing tomorrow as well.

McKeon's Take- It really seems as if all the pieces are coming together for the Bruins. I feel if bodies kept going down before the series even began that this was not to be. However, the Bruins have bodies coming back and it sounds as if they are focused going into this. I heard Aaron Ward talking on WEEI today and discovered that this guy really is a class act. That being said, I want Aaron Ward in this line-up next season. This team is ready to go and tomorrow night can not come soon enough.

For the past few days, I have been thinking of a way to get you, the reader, excited with something unique on the day of the game. Yesterday while I was driving, which is the best place to think second only to sitting on the porcelain throne, and I was thinking how I would get the high school team I coached pumped for a big game. Well, it's simple, a pep talk. A pre-game speech if you will. So, tomorrow, I will produce my version of the head coach's speech. You will find humor to loosen the guys up, you will also find strategy and inspirational message to also get the guys focused. Get psyched readers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look how Thomas smiles thru his mask as be whacks Kostitsyn up side the head with his stick. Ahh.. I love playoff hockey, especially when its against the Habs!! Bring them on!