Thursday, April 17, 2008

Game 7a Status: Success


Next up, game 7b. Another hard fought game by the black and gold in what is arguably to the hardest place to play for a visiting team. The Bruins played their usual defensive style and on top of that they attacked the net when they were in the offensive zone and got some lucky bounces and some garbage goals. When you are working hard for goals like that, the style goals arrive. See: Sturm. And when you are getting both of those, the goaltender's mentality loosens and he gives up softies. See: Sobotka and his groin kick goal.

Great call by Julien to insert Kessel back into the line-up. I think the time off gave the Golden Gopher a chance to think about his game and adjust it accordingly. I think the healthy scratch status lit a fire under his ass and it showed with him tallying the game-tying goal on the power play.

Tim Thomas was on the ball once again, and I think after game 1 he figured out what it takes to be a playoff caliber goaltender. Timmy has been on the ball since the faulter in game 1 he has been that guy that Boston fans have been yearning for since Thomas became a member of the Boston Bruins.

Thank you Carey Price for handing Glen Metropolit a goal and the momentum. Without you, the Bruins wouldn't have been able to embarrass you on your own ice. Rest easy tonight my friend.

I am so pumped for Saturday it is ridiculous. The Bruins have to stay with the same game plan. Wear the Canadiens down, go for garbage goals, and shut down the Habs offensive zone cycle.

Take that NESN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, now that was exciting. omg i am so sick of bob cole and greg millen. Lets win this one monday so we can shut them up. what a great game.

Anonymous said...

I missed seeing this game tonight but "watched" it on my cell (thanks to Nextel). I was having fits watching the score go back but forth and had total faith the Bs would pull this one out.

One game series now, momentum totally in the Bs favor.

Go finish the job B's... you earned it.

Anonymous said...

Unreal. I completely lost my mind during the third. Amazing determination. That's what good teams do. Respond after a set back, and regain control. The Bruins were unreal tonight. Goal after goal, they responded, and deserve every moment of this. GO BRUINS GO.

My dad also rocked my #81 Kessel jersey tonight and he potted 2. I'll make sure he's wearing it again monday.