Saturday, June 28, 2008

McKeon's Realistic Dream Team

I mentioned in a previous post that July 1st feels like Christmas right now and considering that signing day is here I am starting to let my mind run wild of the gifts that Santa...er, Chiarelli will bring. I'm thinking about what I put on my "list" and I am thinking about "toys" that I "need" that will make life more tolerable. I'm not doing a Spezza-Crosby-Ovechkin-Lecavalier line (yes, I know there are four there) because a hobo doesn't ask Santa for a plasma screen, a PS3, and a blackberry. Why? Because he has no place to plug any of that swag in. Holy metaphors. Anyhow, here is the line-up I am hoping to wake-up to realistically on the morning of July 1st.

Sturm-Savard-Hossa
Lucic-Bergeron-Kobasew
Axelsson-Krejci-Kessel
Schaeffer-Sobotka-Thornton
Depth: Nokelainen, Reich,

Chara-Wideman
Liles-Ward
Stuart-Alberts
Depth: Hnidy, Ference

Thomas
Fernandez
Depth: Rask (but in the AHL)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. What happened to MURRAY!!!??

McKeon said...

that was no accident...lol

Anonymous said...

not Liles. He is useless unless he is on the powerplay. Take Hainsey over Liles.

Anonymous said...

what about throwing mike green an offer sheet...heard on TFP hes seeking around 3.5-4 million a year...id much rather see him in a b's jersey than brian campbell

Anonymous said...

I hope we get rid of Schaefer too. I know this may be stretching but, if the bruins clean up a bit...get rid of murray, schaefer, hate to say this axelsson, alberts, and maybe even fernandez, it is possible they could land Hossa and Campbell. If that were to happen the b's would be a dangerous team.