Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Game 6 Prediction: Stanley Cup Watch Deuce

In the closing seconds of the 3rd period in game 5, the Red Wings held a 3-2 lead, the exact score I had predicted. I snagged a bottle of the finest champagne and I was ready to celebrate the fact that I had correctly predicted the score and the winner...then Maxime Talbot showed up and rained on my parade. Not that I didn't enjoy the triple overtime thriller because that was stellar hockey. However, with the downside of not picking game 5 correctly, comes the upside of me predicting the Red Wings to win in 6 (bold, I know). So, tonight, you will see Lord Stanley and all of his glory. Sorry Pittsburgh but, no matter how many phantom calls the zebras spring on Detroit again, it's over baby.

Red Wings 3 - Pittsburgh 1

MVP: Chris Osgood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing finish. Wow. At least 3 trickles of pee came out with Pittsburgh almost tying it again.

Crosby finally can shave that ridiculous playoff beard.

Draft day is coming fast.

Boston selects Jared Staal 16th overall.