Wednesday, June 25, 2008

B's & Avs Swap AHLers

The Boston Bruins sent defenseman Matt Hendricks to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Johnny Boychuck. Both spent the majority of the 2007-2008 season in the American Hockey League. Boychuck had a line of 8-18-26 in 60 games with Lake Erie and lead all Lake Erie defenseman with 17 power play points.

McKeon's Take: Haven't seen much of this guy but, it looks like the scouts saw something in Boychuk that they like so I am going to trust them. It sounds like a future move to me (Oh, no kidding McKeon!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

any chance this kid is NHL ready for this year...or is he gonna start in providence?

McKeon said...

my best guess would be that he will definitely start in Prov barring anything major happening. He will most likely only see NHL ice during injury situations. However, if the kid proves himself he could stay up as a 6th/7th D-man. It's really difficult to determine right now especially since Chiarelli may do some work on July 1st and beyond by picking up blueliners.

Anonymous said...

Matt Hendricks is a centermen. My opinion this is that Johnny Boychuck was brought in to replace Jonathan Sigalet on D,plus wth more size. Since we are already loaded up front Hendricks was dispensible.

McKeon said...

my mistake, Hendricks was a forward.

I was ready to pass out when I wrote that, so, my apologizes.
lol, good times