Monday, March 17, 2008

Quick Monday Notes


First off, I need to apologize for not having much on the Flyers game Saturday night and having absolutely nothing on Sunday's game vs. Washington. Sunday was one of the worst hangovers I have had in my lifetime. I was in bed until at least 6:30 pm. An extremely fun Saturday night (so I'm told) turned into an awful Sunday with very little movement, lots of water, and a solid dosage of Ibuprofen. Anyhow, here's your practice notes from today...

Since the Bruins do not play until Thursday, the regulars received a much needed day off. Zdeno Chara, Andrew Alberts, Patrice Bergeron, Vladimir Sobotka, Petteri Nokelainen, and Manny Fernadez were present on the ice at Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington.

To answer the Chara questions from the comments in the previous post, "Chara looked more comfortable taking wrist shots today than he did Friday" per Fluto from the Boston Globe. If there was any remnants of a shoulder separation he would not be taking any sort of wrist shots. I have seen nothing about slap shots which would tell a major story about the whole situation as I recall he aggravated/reaggravated his "upper body injury" on a slapshot situation. I can recall an injury to his shoulder in the preseason from a fight early on where he had to miss preseason games. It is possible that this is the same shoulder and the same injury showing up again. However, we don't know as he and the team have been fairly hush about the whole situation.

Enjoy your Monday everyone and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: