Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fernanadez Cleared/Chara Improving


The Boston Bruins medical staff have cleared Manny Fernandez to full practice and play with the team earlier today. Zdeno Chara has apparently been improving drastically and we may be seeing him in uniform during a crucial series against Montreal on Thursday and Saturday. John Bish stated that Chara was giving Thomas and Fernandez all they could handle with both wrist shots and slap shots. Chara's shooting strength has increased drastically since yesterday's practice which is a terrific sign for the captain.

***UPDATE Wed 12:32 pm***
Zdeno Chara has taken the ice with teammates this morning and is wearing the tradiational black jersey that is worn by all defensemen. It seems as if he will be ready to go tomorrow night. Patrice Bergeron and Andrew Alberts were in the red non-contact uniforms. I am assuming that Manny Fernandez was in full uniform as well per the announcement yesterday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very interested in seeing what Manny can do. But as Julien says now is not the time to be tinkering with your goaltending when the two guys you have are playing well. Well you can bet I will be motoring across the province tomorrow to get home in time to watch the Bs and the Habs. Damn this game makes me nervous. All points now are big points, but baby I wanna see the Bs ring up a deuce tomorrow.

Latrappe said...

I think we all interested to see what Manny can do. That said, The bruins are in a tight race and we can't afford to have an ordinary performance, by their keeper, down the stretch. The only way we will see Manny in action is if Thomas or Auld fall all apart.

Anonymous said...

Just the presence of Manny, though, will press Thomas and Auld to play their best. Let's hope it works.

I would almost prefer to see Auld in net tomorrow as Timmy was lit up pretty good my the Habs. Auld looks much less fragile at the moment also.

Anonymous said...

Throw him in net on Thursday.....no one else seems to have success againt the Habs ?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Thomas at least deserves retribution against them Habs. He should get Thursday's start. I wouldn't slide in Manny unless 1 - Auld or Thomas is not winning or 2 - we are 5 games down the road, playoff berth locked and just to get Manny some playing time. For $4MM you don't think they are going to play him? I hope it lights a fire under both A&T. I would die of laughter is Julien swicthes them after each game and they post nothing but shutouts. LOL. If I was Julien, I'd rotate all three. I don't really care to have 1 goalie for the playoffs - as long as we're winning. I want to see a fight and I want to see them Habs get bruised - but no one of the Habs can fight. Komasariek vs Lucic, Thornton vs Begin! SOMEBODY HIT SOMEONE! I will predict that the Habs' wins will not come easy!

Anonymous said...

Tonight is the night. If you are on the 401 highway in ontario get out of the way between 3 and 7. I am making a road trip home in time for the game. Its going to be a barnburner. wooooohooooooo can't wait. Lets go Bs.