Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bruins 2009 1st Round Pick Hospitalized


Yesterday, during a scrimmage at Team Canada's World Junior camp, Boston's 1st round pick in the most recent draft Jordan Caron was hospitalized after a very questionable open-ice hit by Los Angeles Kings prospect Colten Teubert. Here's the video.

McKeon's Take: I am very much on the fence with this situation. Obviously, I am upset that the one going to the hospital is a Bruins prospect but, as a coach myself, I am a firm believer of you practice how you play. However, there is a time and a place to "play hard" in practice i.e. in the corners, going for loose pucks, etc. Laying an open ice hit on a teammate when the guy has his head down should never happen, ever. Caron should not have his head down but, who is expecting a hit like that during a scrimmage with your own team? The more that I think about it, I think I am siding with Teubert albeit unfortunate for Caron, he needs to play that scrimmage like it's an actual game. To be cliché, keep your head up kid, you'll bounce back...

Thoughts?

-McKeon

No comments: